We care about your privacy and we take it seriously!
Silver technologies processes your data to help you improve your health, while taking care of the health of your data.
As a data controller, Silver technologies (Silver technologies, Avenija Dubrovnik 15, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia, firstname.lastname@example.org) is committed to giving the utmost attention to the security and protection of your privacy. Silver technologies processes your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy and personal data laws according to the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which entered into force on May 25th 2018.
What information do we collect and when?
In order to easily identify the personal data used in the different cases, each type of data is illustrated by a pictogram.
Depending on the Product used, the way you use it or the way you acquired it, some of the data below will be collected by Silver technologies:
Identity data means data which can directly identify you, such as your email address, birth date, usernames, names and surnames, phone number, delivery address.
Activity data vary depending on the Products used. They correspond to the measure of your physical activities, such as number of steps, distance traveled, number of calories burned, type of activity, level of activity, and time session.
Physiological or health data means data which correspond to a measurement of your physical features and your body activity. Depending on the Products used, it includes your weight, heart rate, blood pressure, electrocardiogram, temperature, sleep cycles, .
Environmental data correspond to your environment or surroundings such as IP address and geo-location.
Technical data necessary for the use of the Products and Services, such as Wi-Fi network, technical logs, date of Product activation, battery measurement, manufacturing ID, debug technical information, and website cookies.
Your bank details are processed when you purchase Products on our website. They are solely used for audit purposes and are not stored.
–When you create a Silver monitor account, you provide certain personal data. Your account is the core component of Products and Services, it allows you to access and control your personal data.
–When you use our applications, some personal data is registered on your Silver monitor account. This is the case when you set an alarm, share information, measure steps, fill in a field in the Application, install and synchronize your Product and Application, and when you activate certain optional features such as geolocation in the settings. All your personal data collected when using our applications are stored under your Silver monitor account.
–When you use our Products and Services, personal data is collected to help you monitor users health. Each Product requires collection and processing of specific personal data. From our Help Center, you can consult the user guide for each Product, containing all information specific to the personal data processed by the Product, in particular the way it is configured.
–When you choose to share your Silver monitor data with other applications, we exchange data with partners via API (Application Programming Interface). You may discontinue this connection at any time by logging in and managing the sharing preferences under your Silver monitor account.
–When you contact our customer support, some of your personal data under your Silver monitor account are temporarily available to our teams until the problem is solved.
How do we use your Personal data?
The data collected through the Products and Services of Silver monitor is processed by Silver technologies for the following specific purposes. Different purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing Products and Services. Personal data processed by Silver technologies are stored on your Silver monitor account and accessible on the application. Personal data may be indicated as raw data (number of steps, weight, etc.), or as a result of specific processing (heart rate, respiration, movement which produces your sleep patterns, etc.).
- Accounts. Use of our Products and Services requires the creation of a Family member account. This account also allows you to manage your content and preferences as well as measurements collected by the Products. More information at email@example.com
- Communicating with you. When you contact our customer support department to solve a problem that you have reported, our team members may be required to process your personal data to help you. They will not be able to view your identified personal health data such as your weight or blood pressure without your consent.
- Improving our Products and Services. We may use your anonymous personal data to improve our Products and Services, customers support, we may need to process certain data in order to correct or modify software settings.
How do our Products work and how do they process your personal data?
All Products manufactured by Silver technologies are connected objects that require at certain the use desktop computer or an iOS or Android device. The creation of a Silver account via a device is therefore a prerequisite for the installation of our Products.
Our Products work via a wireless connection (Wifi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G), allowing the configuration of the Product as well as the transmission and synchronization of the data collected with your Silver monitor account. Some features are only accessible through the connection between your Product and the application. The personal data collected by the Products is stored and transmitted to our servers on your Silver monitor account when you synchronize your Product with our mobile application, or when you connect your Product to your Wifi network. This synchronization on our servers located in Croatia is necessary in order to allow:
- the detection of anomalies on our Products, via the remote diagnostic service that you can use as part of customer service;
- updating the software of our Products to fix bugs, add new features or apply changes made necessary by legal and regulatory evolution in the field of data;
- the backup of your data: in the event of loss or theft of an iOS or Android device on which our application is installed, you will be able to recover all your data;
- the taking of measurements without being in the vicinity of your iOS or Android device on which our application is installed;
- the Sharing of your data on several devices: you have access to your updated measurements via your personal Silver monitor account, and on any device on which our application is installed.
For more information on how each of our Products works, we invite you to consult with our Help Center.
Do we share your Personal data?
How do we protect your Personal data?
We make every effort to ensure the security of your personal data.
- How do we ensure the respect of senior’s privacy? Silver technologies’ Products and Services are made for the general public.
- How do we ensure the quality of your data? We recommend you to regularly log on your Silver monitor account and confirm that your personal data are accurate and up-to-date. If you have a doubt on the accuracy of data, please inform us and we will implement means to correct or erase inaccurate data.
- What action do we take to protect your personal data? The protection of your privacy and security is crucial in the way we create and supply our Products and Services. We apply our Policy through a selection of appropriate activities such as the proactive management of risks and the Privacy Guide. We take appropriate measures to guarantee online safety, physical safety, remove risks of data loss. We limit the access to our database to employees that have a justified need to access this information.
- What are your rights? You can unsubscribe from marketing and ask that we stop processing your data for marketing means. We will still be able to send you security critical alerts. You also have a right of access, rectification and erasure on each of your personal data. We can help you access or suppress your personal data via your account or customer support department. If you wish to exercise your rights before Silver technologies or object to a processing operation carried out by Silver technologies, the requests must be sent to Silver technologies, Avenija Dubrovnik 15, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia, to the attention of our Personal Data Protection Officer, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of identity. In the event that you exercise your rights before our company, Silver technologies will provide a copy of the personal data being processed and may require payment of a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any excessive request from the user.
Modification of the present Policy. Silver technologies may modify the present Policy with or without previous notice, block the access to the website, or change its access conditions. However, if the present Policy had to be largely modified, Silver technologies would publish a notice on this page and its header to inform web users for a period of 30 days. We recommend you to frequently visit the present Policy in order to ensure that you are aware of any modification.
How long do we keep your personal data?
In order for you to use our Products and Services, your data is stored until you request its deletion.
If you wish to delete your data and your account, please refer to our Help Center.
In the event of a deletion request, all your data will be permanently deleted within 30 days of your request.
However, if you have deleted your Silver monitor account and wish to use our Products and Services again, simply create a new account.